Want to join QWC? Please contact QWC directly on 07 3842 9922 or email email@example.com.
QWC is currently upgrading our member database to new software which means some temporary downtime while we make sure the new system is operating seamlessly.
Members may not be currently able to log in. To renew your membership or to book into a course, please contact QWC directly on 07 3842 9922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
How QWC supports you
Whether you are just starting out or are a published professional, QWC strives to give you the support and opportunities you need to achieve your writing goals.
QWC supports you with:
- Professional advice and courses in writing, publishing and editing
- Pathways to publication
- Industry knowledge and contact with publishers and literary agents
- Referrals to specialist services, including copyright and legal advice
- Literary events, professional networks and a supportive community
- Promotion of Queensland books to readers and markets
What QWC members receive
When you become a member of QWC, you become part of a vibrant writing community. As a member you’ll receive:
- WQ magazine, delivered monthly
- Discounts on all QWC courses, services and products
- Members-only workshops like Year of the Novel, Year of the Edit and Year of the Memoir
- Discounts at selected bookstores throughout Queensland
- Advice on writing and publishing
- Networks in the writing community
- Discounts to all our workshops, masterclasses, and seminars.
- WQ magazine – delivered to you via post or PDF. Strength to strength, new columns, design, etc.
- Our rich regional program is free to all members.
- Access to our Writer’s Surgery and exclusive development courses such as Year of the Writer and Year of the Edit.
- Discounts to bookshops and other cultural institutions/events around Queensland.
- Discounts to practical writing guides from our bookshop.
- Discounted access to The Australian Writer’s Marketplace book and online subscriptions.
- Updates on opportunities and events, information and news in our fortnightly e-bulletin.
- Up-to-date information and advice from if:book Australia, the Institute for the Future of the Book.
- Drop-in facilities at our premises in the State Library of Queensland – members are encouraged to drop in and use our kitchen and lounge area during library hours.
- Best of all, members are encouraged to contact us for free advice, support, and information over the phone, via email and in person.
QWC is simplifying its membership structure to help new and renewing members choose the right membership for them.
We’ve introduced 5-year Passionate membership with lots of extras, and we’ve simplified our Group and Youth memberships to better suit your needs. From January 2012, the cost of standard and concession 1-year memberships will increase by $5; however, members choosing to join or renew for two years will save $10.
New QWC memberships and rates:
- Member $65 (two years - $120)
- Concession Member $55 (two years $100) *Must hold a fulltime student, pensioner, senior, or health care card
- Passionate Member $260
- Youth Membership (26 or under) $25
- Writers Group $99
- Institutional Subscription (WQ only) $150