QWC is open from 10:00am until 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Level 2, State Library of Queensland Cultural Centre, Stanley Place South Bank Queensland 4101
07 3842 9922
PO Box 3488
View a map of where you can find Queensland Writers Centre within the State Library of Queensland, Cultural Centre, Brisbane here.
Please be aware that taking coffee onto Level 2 is prohibited.
Getting to the State Library of Queensland:
Paid parking is available at the following local car parks:
- Stanley Place car park. Enter via the Cultural Centre tunnel or Stanley Place. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7942.
- Queensland Art Gallery/Queensland Museum car park. Enter via Grey Street or the Cultural Centre tunnel. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7942.
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre car park. Enter via the Cultural Centre tunnel. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7942.
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Enter via Stanley or Merivale Streets. For information on parking fees, phone (07) 3308 3000.
- South Bank Parklands Underground car park. Enter via Tribune or Little Stanley Streets, South Bank. For information on parking fees, phone (07) 3867 2051 or visit South Bank [new window]
Please note: all Cultural Centre car parks, including the Stanley Place car park beneath the State Library building, are managed by the Corporate Administration Agency.
Cultural Centre Busway Station in Melbourne Street. Chartered bus temporary set-down in Stanley Place.
South Brisbane Station, corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets.
By CityCat and ferry
The CityCat and City Ferry terminals are located at South Bank 1 CityCat terminal.
The State Library is a short walk from Brisbane’s CBD via Victoria Bridge, Kurilpa Bridge or the William Jolly (Grey Street) Bridge.