WQ Magazine is a quarterly A4 magazine for QWC members that examines topics within the Australian writing community, with a strong Queensland focus.
Each WQ contains articles relevant to the issue's theme from writers in Queensland and the rest of the world. The magazine also contains competitions and opportunities, member milestones, workshops and events. QWC members receive the magazine via post or email on the first day of the month (unless that day falls on a weekend).
WQ Magazine should be read in tandem with the magazine’s online counterpart, WQ Online: writingqueensland.com.au.
Subscribe to WQ Magazine by becoming a member of QWC. Institutional subscriptions are also available.
Members - log in to read the latest WQ Magazine
WQ 253 June - August 2016:
- The real life of a professional author - Natasha Lester
- Making your submission stand out - Sophie Hamley
- Top five networking tips for authors - Angela Slatter
- How to de-clutter your writing - Susan McKerihan
- A conversation with Cory Taylor on dying - Interview by Lesley Synge
- Writing in the pea soup - Anna Krien
- Track finances now-avoid pain later - Lauren Sherritt
- How I wrote the rainbow snake scene in Sing Fox to Me - Sarah Kanake
- How to write the perfect pitch - Estelle Tang
- Get set, everybody - Interview by Katie Rowney
WQ Magazine and WQ Online feature content commissioned by Queensland Writers Centre as well as articles pitched to the masthead. QWC welcomes pitches and submissions from interested parties year round. For full submission details, see Submissions.
Queensland Writers Centreoffers a range of advertising options, including:
- Print and Classified advertising in our quarterly members magazine WQ;
- Print advertising in one-off bespoke publications published by QWC;
- Graphic display advertising on WQ Online and AWM Online; and
- Graphic display and Classified advertising in our email newsletter.
For all advertising enquiries, please email our Marketing and Communications Manager, Elliott Bledsoe at email@example.com or call on 07 3842 9942.
Latest Issues of WQ
Please log in to view back issues of WQ Magazine.